Changes in Jupyter Qt console¶
- Control-D enters an EOT character if kernel is executing and input is empty.
- Implement block indent on multiline selection with Tab.
- Change the syntax highlighting style used in the console at any time. It can
be done in the menu
View > Syntax Style.
- Change Control-Shift-A to select cell contents first.
- Change default tab width to 4 spaces.
- Enhance handling of input from other clients.
- Don’t block the console when the kernel is asked for completions.
- Fix bug that make PySide2 a forbidden binding.
- Fix IndexError when copying prompts.
- Fix behavior of right arrow key.
- Fix behavior of Control-Backspace and Control-Del
- Make %clear to delete previous output on Windows.
- Fix SVG rendering.
- Add Shift-Tab shortcut to unindent text
- Add Control-R shortcut to rename the current tab
- Add Alt-R shortcut to set the main window title
- Add Command-Alt-Left and Command-Alt-Right shortcut to switch tabs on macOS
- Add support for PySide2
- Add support for Python 3.5
- Add support for 24 bit ANSI color codes
- Add option to create new tab connected to the existing kernel
- Change Tab key behavior to always indent to the next increment of 4 spaces
- Change Home key behavior to alternate cursor between the beginning of text (ignoring leading spaces) and beginning of the line
- Improve documentation of various options and clarified the docs in some places
- Move documentation to ReadTheDocs
- Fix automatic indentation of new lines that are inserted in the middle of a cell
- Fix regression where prompt would never be shown for
python.exe -m qtconsoleon Windows
- Fix showing error messages when running a script using
invalid cursor positionerror and subsequent freezing of user input
- Fix syntax coloring when attaching to non-IPython kernels
- Fix printing when using QT5
- Fix Control-K shortcut (delete until end of line) on macOS
- Fix history browsing (Up/Down keys) when lines are longer than the terminal width
- Fix saving HTML with inline PNG for Python 3
- Various internal bugfixes
- various latex display fixes
- improvements for embedding in Qt applications (use existing Qt API if one is already loaded)
- fix regressions in copy/paste, completion
- fix issues with inprocess IPython kernel
jupyter qtconsole --generate-config
- fix installation issues, including setuptools entrypoints for Windows
- Qt5 fixes